Starcraft BGH 'ers

News for BGHers. Stuff that matters.

Sunday, December 18, 2005

The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe


I had just watched Narnia in the cinema yesterday. Wait, what the heck? This is not BGH or Starcraft, why is Narnia doing here? Man, we are all gamers, and all gamers are human, human watch movie. So, as a gamer, you watch Narnia as well. Enough of that, let's carry on with the movie Narnia.

Even before the movie was screened, I had a feeling that this ain't going to be anyway near LOTR or Harry Potter. Look at all the advertisement around you, those faces don't seems likeable, I mean, those kids and the big head lion, Aslan (a Malay name?) don't seems that favour to my taste. However, the White Witch is perfect. The way she dressed, walked, moved, and talked are undoubtely a witch. Yes, she looked perfect... as a witch.

You know, when you carry on with a movie, that have characters of lion, centurians, two-legged... deer, unmatured kids, orc, wolf, leopard, beaver, witch, and some cow-headed guy, it all begin to messed up. You definately doesn't want to watch a talking lion vs a witch. IT JUST DOESN"T MATCH!! One is four-legged, and the other is two, and they are both boss... and at the end (a spoiler here, skip it if you haven't watch the movie) the lion "eat" the witch.

Animation wise, it's normal. You can see animations like these in all movies today. However, the background music in Narnia is good. Story? This ain't a story for the kids nor adults. I don't know how to categorize it, but it won't suit any kid taste nor any adult favour. If you have ever read Doraemon manga long story, then you will find Narnia has the same kind.

I give a rating of 6.8/10 to Narnia. And hopefully to watch a better movie next week. Yes, and definately it is going to be the big gorilla - King Kong.

5 Comments:

  • At December 18, 2005 5:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Read the book, its brilliant.. i havn't watched the movie, but i have the book and i liked it.. however i watched it as a kid.. and it definately is a kids movie considering its made by disney i think. It's still wworth the watch.. not all exciting but.. jsut good fun.. go with your parents or something.. not really a "going out movie".

    IMO Saw 2 was the perfect going out movie :]. I took my girlfriend and she lets say.. got a bit scared ;).

    I don't think i'll like king kong.. sounds pretty shitty.. but ill watch it none the less..

     
  • At December 18, 2005 6:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey, I saw King Kong. Hella tite movie, definitely recommend it.

     
  • At December 18, 2005 6:11 AM, Blogger jontsai said…

    i really liked the movie. The book series is written by C.S. Lewis and throughout the movie, there are lots of Christian allegory. I am a Christian so when I watched the movie, certain parts had me on the verge of tears, even more so than the movie "The Passion of the Christ" by Mel Gibson.

     
  • At December 18, 2005 9:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I saw Narnia today, it was pretty good. King Kong looks pretty shitty to me too. I will not waste my money on it.

     
  • At December 18, 2005 1:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    wow.. dude get over it.. seriously.. a bit over exited over small christian allegory.

    I'm not trying ot be harsh but.. comon..

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
stats count