Starcraft BGH 'ers

News for BGHers. Stuff that matters.

Monday, December 26, 2005

A BGH Fans

This is an email I received from a BGH fans today. His name is Hulbert Lee.

Hey I just wanted to say great site. I've been playing SC ever since Battle Chest came out (8 years?) and only BGH games too. I've always tried to search for sites that contribute to BGH and having dreams (sadly) of classrooms of teachers drawing on chalkboard and describing different strategies of how to play the map, like strategies for the vietnam, WW2, or something. It would be cool if you got the experts like Yao_Ming to give advice to novices and average people on the board on how to get better, like what units to use against Zerg in this situation or what not.

Again like you, I give up a lot of my life to play Starcraft like pursuing woman, hanging out with friends, going out, and basically almost all of social life. To me it SC cools my mind down, just like tacos, alchohol, vodka or a smoke. I've grown a habbit of yelling at my parents when they tell me to come eat dinner and it's 3v1 and you just have to finish the game so your pride isn't destroyed or you worked hard for that 1 win to boost your record. I have a japanese girlfriend with A breasts, but it is like I hide this part of my life (SC) from her and the rest of the world. I tell people I play computer games for fun, but it is hard decribing them that I only play a specific 3V3 BGH instead of Halo, Half Life, CS, etc. Just the map Big Game Hunters has so much to offer; it requires so much in a human being: agreeble skill, unlimited strategy, preceptive quickness, dedicated passion, infatuated love, brains, effective and efficient timing, etc. I could go on but it is really infinite.

Also, I believe that 3v3 BGH relates to many parts of life like going against the odds, dealing with idiots, handling your emotions like anxiety and fear, and overall getting better. Anyways, I just wanted to say thanks so much for making a website because I don't feel alone anymore and a nerd because I can relate to a community like you guys that shares this experience that only we can understand and not others. I'm glad that this game bonds so many races together, from viets to whites, to chinese and blacks, to candadians, australians to japs; we should rebel and make a banner in our colleges (I'm from UCR) to highlight our glory and patriotism for this game.

I am proud to say that BGH community is still very much living and hasn't fade a bit even with new games coming out everyday. A celebrity doesn't required quantity of fans, but quality of fans that are willing to sacrifice.

7 Comments:

  • At December 26, 2005 10:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Well spoken noble warrior. Thou hath chosen the correct path. May there always be those that hath the passion, the strength, the pride... to go on and never give up. For true glory is upon these few.
    Fasten thy fist to the cause and thou shall surely find serenity.

    Darkness falls, the wind is chanting of ancient battlecries -o-
    Gather thine armor and sword, I await on the fields of battle. Join me old warriors.

     
  • At December 27, 2005 10:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    At first I felt sorry for this person but after reading it carefully he got it all buddy! No sympathy, the problem is your "MIND" .

    A Japanese Girlfriend with "A Breast". Now what the hell are you doing in SC all day? Take her outside or talk to her more often. A Computer game is just a computer game and like all things in life it can become very addictive. I've been playing for 7 years now I believe and I play only for fun and my skill aren't that great compared to other players because I'm not trying to be great.

    When you start to take the game too seriously you will lose your sanity, the stress level will increases and the fun factor will be decreased. In the beginning I was very addicted but now I got something else to do and SC is something I go to to pass the time or just to talk to online friends.

    You've mentioned that SC teaches many things BUT if you can't use any of the things you learnt in Real life then it's useless.

    >> I've grown a habbit of yelling at my parents <<
    Man you are out of your mind.

    G.

     
  • At December 27, 2005 4:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    How foolish of you people to judge someone else's life. What makes you think you lead a better life than he does? How can you even begin to comprehend the differences in each and everyone else's life? One of the worst traits of humanity is the attitude that "all people should be more like me." Express your opinions freely and logically, but don't impose your will onto someone else and judge them by standards set forth in your life.

     
  • At December 27, 2005 6:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    >> What makes you think you lead a better life than he does? <<

    Define "better".

    G.

     
  • At December 28, 2005 9:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    whoever is anonymous is very wise. His comment about,
    "how can you even begin to comprehend the differences in each and everyone else's life? One of the worst traits of humanity is the attitude that "all people should be more like me." Express your opinions freely and logically, but don't impose your will onto someone else and judge them by standards set forth in your life,"
    was very intuitive. I beleive he is absolutely correct, how can one person judge how another person lives his life. Atleast he has a girlfriend and im sure he divides his time between her, sc, drinking and going out in a way that makes him happy. h0sWild should take a note from anonymous and stop judging everyone according to his own standards. And by the way, thanks Hulbert, im flattered. If you want me advice just ask me and ill game with ya or give it to u. Happy gaming....

    YaO_MinG

     
  • At December 28, 2005 6:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Yes I agreed with the anonymous poster as well. You cannot impose your view on others. Forgive me if my post above sound like it.

    But Be honest, do you think it's normal to not eat because of a game of starcraft with a friend? Yelling at your parents and giving up social life just for SC?

    We have doctors and psychiatrics for a reason.

    G.

     
  • At January 06, 2006 7:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Great site

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
stats count