Starcraft BGH 'ers

News for BGHers. Stuff that matters.

Tuesday, January 03, 2006

A Blog and a Website. A BGHer and a Low-Money-Maper.

aus.cold from US West Server offers me today to replace this blog into a whole new readily available website at http://bgh.ausbc.net/, with better features such as replay posting, forum, and others cool stuff. However, I am not ready to move.

I felt that it defeats the purpose of a blog if it is a website. Initially, previously, and actually, I had always wanted to blog rather than to become an admin of a serious (or non-serious) website. A blog is a place for my ownself to say my say... rather than a place like gosugamers, sclegacy, or teamliquid.net, and other clan site community. I don't feel like becoming serious, I just felt like blogging, and positions this blog as a different site from all other existing sites mentioned above.

Again, I am a BGHer, a non-serious gamer, I am not unlike any other BGHers. And I am sure all BGHers would agree with me that we are playing BGH for fun, purely fun, and only fun. We don't intend to join tournament or to become pro. We have always been "called" by low-money map players as noobs, but hey, that's fine, we don't care, we only care for fun, and yesterday, today, and tomorrow we will still be having pure fun in our own turf, a 3vs3 BGH.

For those low-money map players who don't understand our fun, who are calling us noobs everyday, I have to clarify here that you guys just don't "hit-us" (with that). Because, we are happy with what we are doing, and not happy when we play a low-money map... yes we played, but we don't stick to it. And hey, those happy gamers (BGHers) don't even know you are calling them noobs, again haha, they don't know, and they don't care.

Back to the website matters, perhaps a blog like this would suit BGHers more - I guess. And everybody, don't forget aus.cold have try to contribute something BIG to our BGH community. I appreciate it very much. Thank you again, aus.cold.

4 Comments:

  • At January 04, 2006 10:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I just played 1v1 LT today with someone who are much more experienced than I.

    Protoss vs Zerg(me) and we played two rounds. Score was: 1-1. I rarely played 1v1 but man! I feel like a Zerg today because the hotkeys controlling mass lings and lurkers that is something I rarely experience in a BGH. I managed to pull it off and won the first round. Second round I was overconfident and expanded early and lost.

    Non-BGH Maps are fun. Really fun, especially playing with those who are really good but you know what? Few people play non-BGH that's why I don't take this game seriously but I still play and will continue to play BGH as long you guys are playing!!

    :)

    G.

     
  • At January 04, 2006 1:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Genie lots of people play non-money maps and yes they are very fun.. you just need to know where to find them thats all.

     
  • At January 04, 2006 11:12 PM, Blogger lousy_robot said…

    Perhaps, BGH is a map for lazy people like me, who don't felt like expanding, and are too poor in using hotkeys.

     
  • At January 07, 2006 7:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I somewhat agree with BGH4ever.
    the website does look awesome,
    the new website would allow you to bypass many of the limitiations of the blogger interface,
    and for long term stuff like strategy guides a website would be better.
    however, after reading all the ignorance and stupidity on this blogger site I think it would be better that most of the information and comments posted by these dumbasses (particularly genie and ladsy) be discarded or hidden rather than being made more easily available to the naive noobs.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
stats count