Starcraft BGH 'ers

News for BGHers. Stuff that matters.

Monday, January 16, 2006

Three New Polls: Best Spot for Races

I had discovered weaknesses in previous poll (Best Spot in BGH) from the comments written by you guys. It is true that best spot in BGH is very depended on the race you have chosen.

A Protoss player may like 3, 11, and 12, but a Terran player may prefer 9 and 5. Meanwhile, a Zerg may wants to be at 1 or probably 9 (I dunno, cuz I don't play Zerg).

I had taken out the old poll (Best Spot in BGH) and putting up a whole new one. Yes, this time with 3 different races for 3 different surveys. These polls are perhaps more accurate than the previous one as we have the matter of race inside.

In the previous poll, I notice that a lot of you are voting for 12, and I really wonder why, as I hate 12 the most. I am a mech Terran player in 3vs3, and 12 can't actually block nicely compare to other spots. In my personal opinion, as a Terran Mechanic, spot 9 is the best. When you are in 9 as a Terran, you totally owns both route of 6 and 7 with your tanks guarding on 9's natural expansions. With the minerals hide further inside the base, you are save from being shoot by siege tanks and drops. And of course, when you want to attack from base, 11 and 11's expansions are both your first victims. The route to 9 is further narrow, and enemy units are all jam in traffic when they are attacking you. Tanks can be well placed in the little north of 9's natural expansions... a perfect defending spot.

For Terran, my vote goes to 9. And for Protoss and Zerg, it will be always at 1.

Happy voting.

P:S Please becareful when making your choice, as I have limits to only one vote per person.

1 Comments:

  • At January 17, 2006 2:55 AM, Blogger Binky1842 said…

    I think 1 and 3 are possibly the worst spots. I don't play it as much as you marlboro guys, but I've been playing a few games there, and have played SC for many years.

    But anyway, 1 and 3 have bad position for the expansion. You expo there, and your units are slowed down when trying to leave, slowed down by your peons. You're limited to 2 gas when other players can have 3 if you do not expand, and this changes 2v2's on any map. Having team mates at those positions puts that team at a disadvantage for higher tier units.

    As for the poll, I've always been a big fan of 7.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
stats count